The Antiochian 4 (2013) *NEW*
Antioch Centre has many projects to continue, and others still to commence, relating to the poorly-known, though extremely rich, Antiochian Orthodox Christian patrimony and heritage. At present, funding is still needed for many of these projects, but some of them are going forward with what funding is currently available.
During the autumn of 2011, following the footsteps of the late and renowned Georgian scholar Prof. Wachtang Djobadze (1917-2007),1 Fr. Elia and Prof. Tamila Mgaloblishvili (The Centre for Exploration of Georgian Antiquities, University of St. Andrew, Tbilisi, Georgia) led a Georgian group of historians, art historians, and archaeologists on a tour of Antioch and its surrounding mountains. They were able to observe the unprotected and unconserved ruins of various ancient Antiochian and Georgian monasteries and churches. This is a long-term project based on information in Antiochian and Georgian manuscripts colophons, as well as archaeological evidence. The aim is to update and continue the great work of Djobadze.
The whole newsletter is available in pdf format [open pdf] 594KB
You can use Acrobat Reader to read pdf files, available free from here: